Cheaper Panasonic cameras usually do not have Leica lenses so I am very happy. Add to that the 16x optical zoom, the Power image stabilization and the ability to shoot with Aperture priority, Shutter priority, Manual, Program and Panasonic's own iA mode (Intelligent Auto mode) and a variety of more or less useful Scene modes, the HD video capability, and many other features such as Macro and Macro Zoom mode, and one really gets a full-featured, very compact camera with a quality lens for a very good price.
- Custom Modes:
I like that this camera allows me to assign two of my preferred Scene modes to positions on the dial on top of the ZS9. I tend to mostly photograph landscapes and pets, so my MS1 (stands for My Scene Mode 1) is set to Landscape mode, MS2 to Pet mode.
- Custom Modes:
I like that this camera allows me to assign two of my preferred Scene modes to positions on the dial on top of the ZS9. I tend to mostly photograph landscapes and pets, so my MS1 (stands for My Scene Mode 1) is set to Landscape mode, MS2 to Pet mode.
CONs (if one wants to call it that)
- As with all cameras in this price range/class, I found that image noise and general image quality is very dependent on the zoom setting, even at lower ISO settings such as ISO100. While the camera shoots very well at short focal lengths and low ISO settings, it sometimes does not so well at long (digital) focal lengths.
- Weight & Size.
- The color/surface. SUMMARY
I am very happy with this camera. This best describes the area where this camera shines.

